Sunday 4 October 2015

Diorama continuing

Work continues in the diorama and some other new projects.
- Ready for scenicing
Whilst looking for the hot glue for Mrs Noswal, I came across a ½ open roll of medical plaster bandage, so I was able to finish of the surface texturing.  Once the plaster was laid I applied some randomly cut-up sheets of tissue paper.  This was then run-over by an old matchbox ½-track, which left some suitable wheels ruts.  This was followed by a base colour of paint, and left to dry

- Time for weathering

I’m quite happy with the Scammell, and now just need to weather it.  I’m still a bit undecided as to whether I will deploy the 40mm Bofors on the high ground, that will have to wait and see.

- To keep or lose the Bofors?

On new project front, I came across some S&DJR 5 plank wagons bodies on Shapeways.  They are in 2mm (1/152) and will suit me fine and add bit more variety to the rolling stock at Sturminster.  They printed quite well and just need a through clean-up.  They require a 2FS chassis, which can be knocked-up fairly quickly.

- Nice little rake


Meanwhile, junior modeller turned the big 1 on Saturday.  Take note of her reading material!
- Yes, it hurts when she runs over your toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment