Sunday 31 May 2015

Sturminster - Toowoomba Model TrainShow


Well, the 1st exhibition is done and dusted.  A 300km round trip, 2 compete days of running, good friends, great atmosphere and some cleansing ales.  Was it worth it?  Of course it was.

 - The layouts joined, over 10m of frontage
I won’t say it was a panic to get it finished, but as the deadline for departure approach, more and more of the minor things were not crossed off the list.  These can now be competed at a more leisurely manner.
 - Stur frontage
A majority of the feedback was very positive with many wanting info on the techniques used and type of materials and products used.  What little negativity I did get was either about the layout height, 1.2m to baseboard, of that the station and yards were hidden by the trees.  I’m sorry if your child can’t see, but you’ve got tow arms, pick them up.  It’s my layout, built for my enjoyment and comfort.  As for the foliage, I’m trying to depict a particular place and there are trees there.
 - Looking into the yards
 - More yards
- Away from yards
Running wise, we didn’t stick to a set schedule.  We had a selection over 30 made up trains and they ran as we saw fit.  The odd wagon or three continued to de-rail or uncouple, so it was 3 strikes and they were off!  For locos, my new Black 5’s continue to throw traction tyres.  We discovered this last year, and I was advised to get some bullfrog snot, which I did.  It just that I haven’t applied it yet!
 - Behind the scenes
 - Round the back
Will I do it again?  Most likely, we even got an invitation to attend the Gold Coast exhibition in July (just need to discuss with Mrs Noswal).
 - Raising steam 
 - Busy
- Whoops

No comments:

Post a Comment