Friday 27 March 2015

Mail call

After much delay, they are finally here!  The Farish 4F 0-6-0 all purpose do anything loco.  I've been a bit selfish and have four, including one spilt form a box set.  You can read the numerous reviews in the mags and blogs, and I agree it is the best so far in RTR steam locos, even better than the recently released Farish Duchess (and I've got two of them)!
- Team Fowler shunt team
Why so many, so ask?  Because there was so many, 574 built between 1924-41!  The S&DJR had more than few and were often seen double heading with another 4F, a 2P, a BoB, or a black/Std 5 to name a few.  I've only run one of them so far, only because I got it back in January from the box split.  Haulage wise, it can manage 20 or so wagons or 4-6 coaches, which is more than enough for my requirements. The other three, which arrived today will have to wait as my 5yo son is have a sleep over tonite and we are making pizza and watching Star Wars and sleeping in the tent in the backyard this evening!
 
- lots of included detail 

No comments:

Post a Comment