Sunday 8 February 2015

VR T class - part 2

The weather being the way it is in SE Qld, I had to actually wait some time for a good day to start paint the 2 T's.  First they good a good vinegar wash, to remove all the surplus flux and gunk, and then a good swim in the sonic cleaner.  Whilst this was all happening, I filled in some time by starting some Spirit Design coaches.
- The beginning of a CE Van.
It wasn't until mid Jan that the weather improved (humidity dropped) enough for me to attempt getting out the airbrush.  Having not had the airbrush out for almost 12 months, an impromptu spray both was constructed and test spraying commenced.  This also included giving my 5y son his 1st airbrush lesson.  While this was going all OK, when the compressor kicked in, it scared the be-jesus out of him, and he has been hesitant to enter the garage whenever I've had the compressor on.

- 1st undercoat of the T
Once the undercoat was down, a visual inspection was made to find any glaringly obvious errors, and fill-in any holes.  The next decision was wether to used the supplied yellow stripe decal, or to spray the yellow and mask.  I chose the latter, for no other reason than I wanted to give it a try.
- Mega spray, with a T, 2 x Y's and a F.
An application of Steam Era diesel yellow was made on the sections required.  Once dry, this was then masked with a combination of Tamiya 2mm tape and Humbrol Maskol.  The results of this I was quite pleased with.
- Masking removed


No comments:

Post a Comment